Discussion Forums

Forum Forums General Discussion Daily Poll 116 Do you prefer subs or dubs?

• bryon-rogers

March 18, 2022 at 12:30 pm

Subs would be better, because majority of the times, dub voice actors just don’t capture the proper emotions that characters display. Even with dubs, I still want subtitles because sometimes I miss what the characters are saying and/or it’s hard to hear them. That is my taste at least.

• ben-ceci

March 18, 2022 at 1:46 pm

Lots is lost in translation, i agree sub>dub. There was also some social justice issues when they changed the words to fit their narrative. Mostly with funamation, luckily they just got absorbed by Sony and merged with crunchyroll.

• coursin-hill

March 18, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Sony is a rotten company and I don’t think they’ll improve Funimation at all. Could be wrong, I am open to it.

• eric-boehle

March 19, 2022 at 8:18 am

I have to go with subs even though I don’t always like reading lol. I watched dubbed Sailor Moon back in the day and enjoyed it until I watched the subbed. They took so much out and changed conversations in the dub and also where the original would have quiet moments, the dub would put voice acting over it like we couldn’t figure out what was going on. I understand that dubbed Sailor Moon was more for younger kids where original was more for teenagers and young adults so I see why stuff was changed for the dub, but being older I appreciate seeing stuff in its true form.