Discussion Forums

Forum Forums General Discussion Daily Poll 128: Do you care about game delays?

• daniel-hohnsbehn

March 30, 2022 at 11:40 am

I’ve always ascribed to the idea of “take your time, do it right”.

I’d much rather a developer release a completed and polished product instead of half a game that requires numerous updates and patches.

• ben-ceci

March 31, 2022 at 3:05 am

I care because I know execs are pushing developers to their limits to push out shitty products as fast as possible. It is also likely BotW2 will be released with the next console for Nintendo, it has been 6 years since release(next year) and they have a new console historically every 6.

• coursin-hill

March 31, 2022 at 6:10 am

Would make sense and there are leaks that line up with your thinking. Nintendo is better with how much crunch they put onto devs. I’ve talked with people in the software dev industry and I was told that crunch is typical in software development.

• joe-vonier

April 2, 2022 at 10:48 am

I’ve never had a problem with game delays. My issue is when a game is announced 5 years before it even has a possibility of being released. Then you have to account for delays, adding another 1 to 2 years. Nintendo does a good job with some of their games; they’ll announce some games about 6 months before it’s release. That’s plenty of time to generate some hype without making everyone wait too long.