Discussion Forums

Forum Forums General Discussion Daily Poll 140: What do you think happens after death?

• ben-ceci

April 12, 2022 at 1:52 am

I am also not religious but my best friend and mother are, so who knows in the future? I was thinking about this recently after watching a Steven Seagal karate clip(lol) and him following Japanese culture and I liked how they honor their ancestors. It reminds me of a quote from One Piece, “A man dies when he is forgotten,” and that stuck with me.

• naml-shabazz

April 15, 2022 at 8:02 pm

a sentiment I have thought over as well

• joe-vonier

April 12, 2022 at 7:21 am

I’m Catholic so I believe in Heaven and Hell (as well as Purgatory). I do recognize the potential that when I die I’ll find out I was wrong all along, but it wouldn’t be the first thing I was ever wrong about.

• coursin-hill

April 12, 2022 at 7:32 am

I’m not sure I’m right either. I’ve been wrong before and I could be again. Thanks for the comment!

• naml-shabazz

April 15, 2022 at 8:04 pm

I take a rather scientific approach: energy can neither be created nor destroyed. We are highly organized energy. At the very least that energy returns to the cosmological energy pool and recycles through again. Having lost my first wife and dealing with her loss thru our spiritual beliefs I have come to the conclusion that there is most certainly an ‘afterlife’ of some kind.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  NamL Shabazz.