Discussion Forums

Forum Forums General Discussion Daily Poll 486: Did you see Shazam! Fury of the Gods?

• flash

March 24, 2023 at 11:43 pm

When DC made it clear that movie basically means nothing, it have me no reason to watch it.

• erwin-collazo

March 30, 2023 at 2:38 am

Nah, I’ve pretty much stopped watching any of these sort of movies after watching the abysmal M.O.M – what a god awful acronym too.

I am willing to watch any superhero movie – if its ACTUALLY good. But Disney and WB have repeatedly shown that they are creatively bankrupt.

MCU should have ended at Endgame, and then taken a 5 year hiatus to come up with a new solid story arc.

Minor characters like Moon Knight, can have their little 1 or 2 season shows on D+ (or D-) as a way to give work to up and coming writers to get some experience while utilizing the source material as much as possible – and you’d generally have a pretty solid foundation of just decent to good quality shows that most people can enjoy without having any capitulation to any specific ideology. Just give us good stuff and we’ll throw money to it, with almost reckless abandon.